22nd September 2010
Aarsh Management successfully conducted its 4th in series of online training program on Practical Challenges and Applications in Operational Risk Management. The training was designed to share concepts of practical implementation and provide tips on effective implementation of operational risk management framework in a bank. The program was specifically designed for countries in Africa and generated an overwhelming response.
Aarsh has been funded by Department of Science & Technology, Govt of India and mentored by IIT Kanpur and has a vision of providing cutting-edge risk management capabilities to emerging economies.
Following topics were covered in this training program:
1. Risk and Control Self Assessment:
• Identifying level 1 & level 2 processes
• Description of inherent and residual risk
• Assigning risk scores
• Documenting mitigation plans, risk profiling etc.
2. Key Indicators
• Identifying key indicators specific to the documented risk
• Threshold determination
• Sensitivity of the threshold etc.
3. Loss Events
• Key Operational Loss Events
• Distinction between Near Miss & Loss Events
• Loss Event Thresholds etc.
4. Linkage between RCSA, Key Indicators & Loss Events.
5. Aarsh Operational Risk Management Offering – OPEVAL
• A sophisticated state-of-the-art operational risk management system to take your banking to next level.
Aarsh shall be conducting more such relevant and unique programs in near term to further the cause of effective risk management systems in emerging economies.
Please Contact Us for more details.